Check out the Colorado Thunderbirds AAA program - one of the top-ranked AAA programs in the United States! The organization provides AAA-caliber players with the ice time, coaching and training needed to establish and maintain an elite development track. The Thunderbirds program is based on the core values of accountability, attitude and effort. Follow the links below to download information packets and register:
Spring: Denver Teams & NEW Mountain Teams
- 1999-2005 birth years
- Tryouts March 17-23 in Denver, March 23-24 in Vail
- Season runs from early April to end of May
- Travel players attend Challenge Cup in Vancouver, May 17-20
Spring & Summer: Developmental Skates
- 1995-1999 birth years: May 14-July 23, 25 hours on-ice development
- 2000-2002 birth years: June 11-July 25, 18 hours of on-ice development
Fall 2013-2014 Tryouts
Tentative dates (pending CAHA approval):
- U14, U13, U12 and U11: May 24-May 26
- U18: July 25-26
- U16, U15: July 26-28
The Premier Development and Exposure Camp in the U.S.!
The USJDP Junior Prep Camp provides elite Junior, Midget and Bantam players (birth years 1993–1999) with the professional skill development and exposure necessary to better prepare them for Junior A and college hockey. Held at the University of Denver, one of the top collegiate arenas in the country, the camp is directed by NCAA D1, NHL, USHL and NAHL coaches/scouts and is intended for current year Junior, AAA, or AA players. The Prep Camp offers:
- Four hours per day of on-ice development in Magness Arena
- Three hours per day of off-ice training in the DU Varsity weight room
- Daily Junior Hockey Seminars and weekly Showcase Games
- Reebok CCM Pro Fit Sessions
- Individual Player evaluations
If you are looking for a camp where you can train with high-end players and have exposure to professional coaches, then this in the program for you!
The 2013 coaching staff will be announced soon. Please click here to view teams that have attended the Prep Camp in the past. For more information, visit www.usjdp.com or call 303-964-0929.
Réal Turcotte shares eight reasons to check out his camps, which have produced many college level and NHL players.
1. Learn to feel and control the puck without looking at it.
2. Learn to make fakes and moves (24 different moves) to go around and beat the opponents.
3. Learn to open up passing lanes and increase scoring opportunities for you and your linemates.
4. Create more space and buy more time for yourself to make a play.
5. Increase your confidence level with the puck—dramatically.
6. Improve your passing and pass receiving skills—automatically.
7. Become a better team player and raise the level of play of your teammates.
8. Enjoy the game more and have much more fun playing it—the most important thing!
Turcotte Hockey: The Difference Maker in Your Game! Through the years, Turcotte has developed a unique way to teach our 24 moves and to make sure that you have the muscle memory so they become natural at game speed. The process starts with our eight basic moves. Once you have mastered them, you will be ready to attack our 16 advanced moves. When you come to the Turcotte Stickhandling Hockey School, we will teach you the moves and work with you to gain confidence to use them in a game situation. “I Guarantee It!” —Real Turcotte
We hope to see you at one of our sessions this summer! Spring has sprung and summer is just around the corner! A $100 deposit will reserve your spot with Turcotte Hockey School this summer. Don’t get caught on a waiting list. Enroll now!
Apex Ice Arena, Arvada
July 9–13, 2012
Mite/Squirt: 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
PeeWee/Bantam: 1 p.m.–3 p.m.
Foothills Ice Arena, Lakewood
July 16 - 20, 2012
Mite/Squirt: 9 a.m.–11 a.m.
PeeWee/Bantam: 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
REGISTER NOW: For information on group discount or to enroll please contact Turcotte Stickhandling Hockey School at 1-800-732-2894 or visit our website at www.turcottehockey.com.
“At the University of Denver we are proud that 33 percent of our hockey team is comprised of players from the state of Colorado and therefore I am supportive of any opportunity that gives young hockey players from our state a chance to develop and received exposure to the Junior A hockey coaches as well as college hockey programs. Brad Buetow has played and coached at the highest level of NCAA Division I competition and knows what it takes to play at this level.”
—George Gwozdecky, Head Hockey Coach, University of Denver
The Most Coaches
We have commitments from representatives of more than 60 Junior A, Prep, Midget AAA and college teams to attend this showcase.
The Experience You Need
JPS Director Brad Buetow has more than 30 years experience as a head coach at the University of Minnesota, United States International University and Colorado College. He was named Coach of the Year five times—at the collegiate and professional levels—served as an NHL scout, played professional hockey and has been a director/coach in Colorado Midget AAA programs for nine years.
High Ratio of Concrete Offers
Brad has placed more than 75 players in Junior A and more than 40 players in Division I–III college programs throughout the United States and Canada. The high success ratio is due to the exposure—because attending JPS is like attending more than 60 individual camps, thus saving money and maximizing each player’s exposure.
JPS will make arrangements with any player who has schedule conflicts such as graduation, prom, playoffs and the like. The schedule is:
- Date: May 18–20, 2012
- Times: May 18, 4 p.m.– May 20, 1 p.m.
- Location: Apex Ice Arena, 13150 W. 72nd Ave., Arvada, CO 80004
- Details: Find information about JPS at JPS-Hockey.com, email Brad Buetow at firstname.lastname@example.org or download the brochure (PDF).
Editor’s Note: Brad Buetow is the Director of Junior Placement Showcase. He is also a coach and former professional hockey player.
Our Battle Curriculum is essential for all hockey players development from Mite-Midgets. It's a terrific skill session with all game situational drills, teaching the kids how to compete for pucks and how to be more confident with the physical aspects of the game like 1 on 1 battles.
For more information, watch the video below or click on the following link to check out the Pro Ambition Hockey site: www.proambitions.com.
So BEAT THE HEAT and join Angelo Ricci and his staff at one of the clinics below:
2012 Checking Clinics
Family Sports, $150 per skater
- Session 1: Squirt – Midget, April 28–29, noon–3 p.m.
- Session 2: Squirt – Midget, Aug. 4–5, noon–3 p.m.
2012 Powerskating by the Best with Mark Ciaccio
Ice Ranch, $275 per skater
- Session 1: Birth Years 2002–2007, June 18–21, 9:30 a.m.–noon
- Session 2: Birth Years 1994–2001, June 18–21, 12:15–2:45 p.m.
2012 Stickhandling Clinics
Session 1 and 3, $340 per skater and $125 per goalie
Session 2, $275 per skater and $100 per goalie
- Session 1: Squirt – Midget, June 4–8, 6–9 p.m.
- Session 2: Advanced–PeeWee, July 30–Aug. 3, 4 p.m.–6 p.m.
- Session 3: PeeWee–Midget, July 30–Aug. 3, 6:15–9:15 p.m.
2012 Skate into Shape
Family Sports, $180 per skater and $80 per goalie
- Session 1: PeeWee Only
Aug. 9, Aug. 13, Aug. 15, 5:30 p.m.–7 p.m. and Aug. 11 from noon–1:30 p.m.
- Session 2: Bantam–Midget
Aug. 9, Aug. 13, Aug. 15, 7:15–8:45 p.m. and Aug. 11 from 1:45–3:15 p.m.
- Session 3: Squirt Only
Aug. 10, Aug. 14, Aug. 16, 5:30–7 p.m. and Aug. 12 from noon–1:30 p.m.
- Session 4: PeeWee–Bantam
Aug. 10, Aug. 14, Aug. 16, 7:15–8:45 p.m. and Aug. 12 from 1:45–3:15 p.m.
Sign up for one of these camps today!
2012 Ricci Summer 3v3 League
Ice Ranch, May Through August
- For more information and to register, please click here.
- If you have any questions please contact:
- Aimee Hunt 303–243–1279 email@example.com
- Angelo Ricci 303–810–7022 firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado Thunderbirds Spring/Summer Elite Spring Developmental Program
The Colorado Thunderbirds AAA Hockey Club is pleased to announce our 2012 Spring/Summer programs for the following:
- 1998–2004 age groups Spring Development program
- PeeWee/Bantam age groups Summer Skills Development program
- Midget age groups Spring/Summer Training program
For more details on all of these outstanding development programs, click here. Tryouts will be held March 18–24.
To watch a video of Coach Ricci teaching the snapshot, please watch the video below:
For more information, watch the below video or visit www.LauraStamm.net