Top 10 Reasons to Play 3 vs. 3 or Pond Hockey this Summer
- It's a skills-based game, played in tight spaces at a fast pace, forcing you to quickly improve your skills to adapt.
- Less space equals less time equals quicker decisions.
- The smaller space and speed increase puck handling, creativity, puck movement and communication skills.
- Allows for team play with transition from offense to defense and defense to offense.
- Awareness of on-ice positioning.
- Goalies are always in the play facing more shots and requiring more movement, which helps conditioning, awareness and positioning.
- Players that are not scorers get the opportunity to touch the puck more and get that confidence.
- Players used to playing offense get to play and appreciate the defensive side of the game and defensive players get to be more creative on the offensive side of the game.
- No better way to get ready for the upcoming season!
- It is the most fun you will have playing the game of hockey as you work hard and compete to improve your overall game.
Editor's Note: Thank you to Angelo Ricci for this story. Click here to check out Ricci Hockey 3 vs. 3 Summer Pond Hockey League at the Ice Ranch in Littleton, May 2–Aug. 14.